Skip to main content

THESE ARE KIDS FAVOURITE POEM FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES

These are some kids favourite poems available on internet. I have selected these poems from different sources. All these poems are written by famous poets.

Now We Are Six


When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six,
I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

By 

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/now-we-are-six-by-a-a-milne

Sick

“I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
“I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I’m going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
I’ve counted sixteen chicken pox
And there’s one more--that’s seventeen,
And don’t you think my face looks green?
My leg is cut--my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I’m sure that my left leg is broke--
My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button’s caving in,
My back is wrenched, my ankle’s sprained,
My ‘pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb.
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my voice is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow’s bent, my spine ain’t straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What’s that? What’s that you say?
You say today is. . .Saturday?
G’bye, I’m going out to play!”

By 

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/sick-by-shel-silverstein

All My Great Excuses


I started on my homework,

but my pen ran out of ink…

My hamster ate my homework…

My computer's on the blink…

I tripped and dropped my homework

in the soup my mom was cooking…

My brother flushed it down the toilet

when I wasn't looking…

My mother ran my homework

through the washer and the dryer…

An airplane crashed into our house…

My homework caught on fire…

Tornadoes blew my notes away…

Volcanoes rocked our town…

My books were taken hostage

by an evil killer clown…

Some aliens abducted me…

I had a shark attack…

A pirate swiped my homework

and refused to give it back…

I worked on these excuses

so darned long my teacher said,

"I think you'll find it's easier

to do the work instead."


by Kenn Nesbitt


Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are.
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!

Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark;
How could he see where to go?
If you did not twinkle so.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!

In the dark blue sky you keep,
While you through my window peep,
And you never shut your eye,
Till the sun is in the sky,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!

SOURCE: https://parenting.firstcry.com/articles/15-short-english-poems-for-kids-to-recite/

My Best Friend

Black and white
Thick and furry
Fast as the wind
Always in a hurry
Couple of spots
Rub my ears
Always comes when his name he hears
Loves his ball; it's his favorite thing
What's most fun for him? Everything!
Great big tongue that licks my face
Has a crate, his very own space
Big brown eyes like moon pies
He's my friend till the very end!

BY Abby Jenkins
Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/dog-poem


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recess! Oh, Recess!

Recess! Oh, Recess! We love you! You rule! You keep us away from the teachers in school. Your swings are refreshing. Your slides are the best. You give us a break from a really hard test. Recess! Oh, Recess! We want you to know, you’re sweeter than syrup, you’re special like snow. You don’t assign homework. You make the day fun. You let us play kickball and run in the sun. Recess! Oh, Recess! You’re first on our list. We’d be in despair if you didn’t exist. We’re happy we have you. You’re awesome and cool. Recess! Oh, Recess! We love you! You rule!                                                                 BY  DARREN SARDELLI source:https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/145938/recess-oh-recess

PRO TIPS TO SCORE 100 PER CENT MARKS IN BIHAR BOARD OR CBSE BOARD EXAM

PRO TIPS TO SCORE 100 PER CENT MARKS IN BIHAR BOARD OR CBSE  BOARD EXAM Before start writing this article.I would like to let you know about this famous quote given below. DO YOU KNOW ? You can get 100 percent marks very easily in cbse board examination or any other board examinations, if you write your answers with 100 percent confidence. Let us start to know about the pro tips to get 100 percent marks in CBSE board exam or any other board exam.This article is also useful for those students whose question is  How can i get 100 percent marks in board exam easily ? First of all you need to have your exact syllabus from official source. Your syllabus must be downloaded or obtained from official source.It will ensure proper study material for you.so that, you have clear vision towards your syllabus. Now you need to have a smart routine to do smart study with proper revision. Smart routine ensures that you are studying smartly.smart routine also ensures "work less profit more". Y

Our Grandma Kissed a Pumpkin

☺️Our grandma kissed a pumpkin☺️ on a Friday afternoon. She also kissed a crayon and a giant red balloon. I saw her kiss a chipmunk eating cookies with a queen. She kissed us in these costumes 😁at our house on Halloween!πŸ˜ƒ BY  DARREN SARDELLI source: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/145939/our-grandma-kissed-a-pumpkin